Submissions entry ends 11 November 2016
Headquarters, United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), Special Operations Forces Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (SOF AT&L), Directorate of Contracting (SOF AT&L-K), 7701 Tampa Point Boulevard, MacDill AFB, FL 33621.
1. Based on the outcome of the responses, selected respondents will be given the opportunity to directly present their capabilities to PEO-FW at the Unclassified Test bed (UTB) in St Petersburg, FL 6-7 December 2016.
2. This Request for Information (RFI) is NOT a solicitation for proposals, proposal abstracts, or quotations. This RFI is for information purposes only and is issued in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Clause 52.215-3. Issuance of this notice does not constitute any obligation or commitment on the part of the U.S. Government (USG) to issue a solicitation or to award a contract now or in the future. Submitting information for this RFI is voluntary, and participants will not receive consideration. The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this special notice or to otherwise pay for the information. Any information that the vendor considers proprietary should be clearly marked as such. Although “proposal” and “offeror” are used in this Request for Information, responses will be treated as information only.
3. The SOF AT&L, Program Executive Officer for Fixed Wing (PEO-FW) aircraft is soliciting information to identify technical presentations on select topics of interest for a focused PEO-FW Industry Day. The purpose of this Industry Day is to inform PEO-FW of the current state and near future of technology on these topics. PEO-FW intends to conduct industry days on focused topics on a regular basis. The information provided may potentially support future commodity procurement (i.e. not a development program), inform future requirements for development programs, establish a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA), support SBIRs, establish a RIF project request and/or SOCOM participation in a vendor demonstration of a capability. PEO-FW will read the RFI responses and select vendors to present their briefings at a PEO-FW Industry Day on 6-7 December.
4. The USG has particular interest in production ready systems (i.e., minimum Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 7 as defined by the Department of Defense (DOD) Acquisition Guidebook (August 5, 2010) and a minimum Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) of 7 as defined by the DOD Manufacturing Readiness Assessment Deskbook (May 2, 2009). PEO-FW will also consider presentations on lower TRL and MRL Level capabilities.
5. United States Special Operations Command PEO-FW is interested in aircraft survivability systems that are suitable for SOF manned and unmanned aircraft including but not limited to:
• Scan Eagle
Emphasis is on SWAP-C (Cost) reduction initiatives. The following areas should be considered when responding;
1) Use of open system architecture
2) Aircraft signature reduction (RF, IR, acoustic, visual)
3) Electronic Warfare/Attack
4) Modular design
5) TRL 3 (T), ≥ TRL6 (O), MRL 3 (T), ≥MRL 6 (O)
6. Please prepare a maximum two-page synopsis of your proposed briefing for consideration of including it in our Industry Day. You may include a single quad chart providing an overview of your system does not count toward the page count. A limit of two photos if applicable. The Government is specifically interested in the following information to be included:
a. Describe the capability your system can provide in relation to the objectives in paragraph 5. Provide a technical description to include details of the system and subsystems, future growth capability, and modular and scalable design aspects consistent with the required capabilities. Your presentation should include a technical description including reliability, availability and maintainability (RAM), TRL Level, ROM cost information. Also discuss maintenance concept (e.g., 2 or 3 level, organic, contract), and manpower requirements to operate and maintain. Highlight any unique capabilities your system may have that are not listed in paragraph 5.
b. A rough order of magnitude (ROM) cost estimate broken down by components for both a single system and in quantities showing economies of scale.
c. How modifications would/could be accomplished to incorporate your capability on to Special Operation Forces (SOF) platforms–production line incorporation or as post-production modifications.
7. PROPRIETARY AND/OR CLASSIFIED DATA IS PERMITTED. Responses to this RFI shall be limited to two pages in length not including the cover page or exhibits (including pictures within the text). These RFI responses must be unclassified your response is selected to be briefed, classified briefings will be allowed at that time. RFI responses should be e-mailed to the POCs listed below. Paper copies of the submittal will also be accepted. When appropriate, non-Government advisors may be used to objectively review a particular functional area and provide comments and recommendations to the Government. All advisors shall comply with Procurement Integrity Laws and shall sign non-disclosure and rules of conduct/conflict of interest statements. The Government shall take into consideration requirements for avoiding conflicts of interest and ensure advisors comply with safeguarding proprietary data. Submissions in response to this RFI constitute approval to release the submittal to Government support contractors.