PIA & Lab Collaboration Event
05 December 2018
Submission Deadline: Closed
On 05 December, SOFWERX, in collaboration with USSOCOM and various Laboratories, will host a Partnership Intermediary and Lab collaboration event. Partnership Intermediaries and their sponsoring Labs, or those Labs who do not have a PIA but wish to attend for visibility, are invited to participate in the event to help determine the most impactful and mutually beneficial ways to create enduring partnerships, communicate effectively across the enterprise and create proper incentivizations.
PIA & Lab attendees will form small working groups to identify topic area limitations and how to overcome them. Working groups will subsequently brief their findings and “Blue Sky” action plans to the larger audience.
1. Determine the most impactful and mutually beneficial ways to create enduring partnerships
• Semi-Annual or Annual Meetings?
• Repository of each location, who it represents and its associated capabilities?
2. How best to communicate effectively across the enterprise
• Notify each other about upcoming events, to reduce redundancy and provide mutually beneficial opportunities
• Alert each other to technology needs and/or technology transition opportunities
• Share lessons learned and/or significant regulatory changes/opportunities
• Should we use dedicated communication tools (RE: Slack channels and/or dedicated websites)
3. How to create the proper incentivizations for both PIAs & Labs
0800 – 0830: Check In
0830 – 0900: SOFWERX Welcome Remarks & Ice Breaker
0900 – 0945: Current Limitations Breakouts (2 rounds, 20 minutes each)
0945 – 1000: Break
1000 – 1130: Ways to Overcome Limitations (2 rounds, 45 minutes each)
1130 – 1300: Networking Lunch
1300 – 1330: Technology & Incentives
1330 – 1530: “Blue Sky” Working Groups
1530 – 1620: “Blue Sky” Presentations (5 groups, 5-minute brief / 5-minute Q&A each)
1625 – 1630: Break & Voting
1630 – 1700: Large Q&A and Path Forward
1700 –1730: SOFWERX 101 and Tour (Optional)
1730: Networking & No-Host Social (The Bad Monkey)
Director’s Brief: Click Here to View the Director’s Brief
Current Limitations and Ways to Overcome Limitations: Click Here to Review Limitations
Possible Technology Means/Tools: Click Here to Review Technology/Tools
Possible Incentives: Click Here to Review Incentives
Blue Sky Presentation Presentations: Click Here to Review Presentations
Submit Feedback: Click Here to Submit Event Feedback
For event related questions, please contact Tania Steele at [email protected]
Notice for all interested parties to SOFWERX events: Announcement of SOFWERX events that are considered to have high potential for further efforts that may be accomplished via FAR-based contracting instruments, Other Transaction Authority (OTA) for Prototype Projects 10 USC 2371b, Prizes for advanced technology achievements 10 USC 2374a, and/or Prize Competitions 15 USC 3719, may be made at the www.sofwerx.org and/or www.teamwerx.org website(s). All announcements made at the www.sofwerx.org and/or www.teamwerx.org website(s) are considered to satisfy the reasonable effort to obtain competition in accordance with 10 USC 2374a (b), 15 USC 3719 (e) and 10 USC 2371b (b)(2). All FAR based actions will follow announcement procedures per FAR 5.201(b) accordingly.