Group 1 Short Range/Short Endurance Fixed Wing Aircraft within the Expeditionary Organic Tactical Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (AISR) Capability Set (EOTACS)
Submissions Deadline 16 October 2019 17:00 EST
Overview: SOFWERX, in concert with the USSOCOM Program Executive Office Fixed Wing (PEO-FW), is interested in potential solutions that fulfill the characteristics of the Group 1 Short Range/Short Endurance (SR/SE) Fixed Wing (FW). These Group 1 systems fall within the Expeditionary Organic Tactical Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (AISR) Capability Set (EOTACS)’s systems family of SUAS (FoSUAS) platforms, payloads, peripherals, software and services. All EOTACS FoSUAS shall be capable of providing Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) data to Special Operations Forces during day and night operations and under adverse environmental conditions. Systems shall provide an airborne payload capability that is persistent and possess a low radio frequency (RF) signature. The capability, system, and/or service must be survivable, interoperable, and able to enter (or be connected to) and be managed in the network, and exchange data in a secure manner to enhance mission effectiveness (Net Ready).
Purpose: This Sources Sought is intended to identify potential material solutions that meet or exceed the Group 1 SR/SE FW characteristics found below. The Group 1 SR/SE FW will expand the capabilities of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) and its components (AFSOC, MARSOC, NSWC, and USASOC).
Group 1 SR/SE FW EOTACS Characteristics:
- Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 7 or above
- Max Gross Takeoff Weight (MGTOW) of the Air Vehicle shall not exceed 20.0 lbs
- The system’s command and control (C2) datalinks and video links shall be:
- Threshold (T): AES 256-bit commercial encryption capable and contain embedded Unmanned Systems Interoperability Profile (USIP) 1 compatible Key Length Value (KLV) metadata
- Objective (O): Digital National Security Agency Type-1 encryption capable and contain embedded non-proprietary USIP 1 compatible KLV metadata
- Payload/Sensor capacity:
- T: Capable of carrying and operationally using one (1) payload/sensor with a weight of 1 lb or greater
- O: Carry any number of payloads/sensors with a weight equal up to 90% of the air vehicle’s MGTOW
- Operating Speed:
- T: 20 Knots Indicated Air Speed (KIAS)
- O: 150 KIAS
- T: 35 KIAS
- O: 250 KIAS
- The platform will be constructed of modular components and tailored payloads that are easily replaceable at the user level by trained operators in austere environments/ conditions:
- T: less than 30 minutes
- O: less than 5 minutes
- Provides real-time discernable Full Motion Video (FMV) via Electro-optical(EO)/Infrared (IR) sensors
- EO resolution equal to, or greater than, 1280x720p
- IR resolution equal to, or greater than, 640×480 FMV
- The platform operates electrically (air vehicle propulsion, ground component power), or using hybrid-electric propulsion
- Transported and operated by no more than a single operator/user
Why You Should Participate: USSOCOM is interested in purchasing material systems that meet or exceed the stated characteristics. Submitted Group 1 SR/SEFW. that meet or exceed the desired characteristics, may be invited to participate in Joint Interagency Field Experimentation (JIFX) 20-2, where their capability will be characterized and further assessed by PEO-FW EOTACS SME’s. Those capabilities that successfully meet or exceed the threshold values desired by USSOCOM during JIFX 20-2, may be further asked to list their systems within the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) catalog, for potential purchase by USSOCOM and/or it’s Component organizations.
Phase I: 11 September – 16 Oct 2019, Submissions Opened. 16 Oct 2019 is the deadline for submissions to be received for review. Submissions will be reviewed by USSOCOM PEO-FW and evaluated for their potential to satisfy the Warfighter’s needs. To submit your technology and be considered for any potential Phase II attendance, please follow the submission instructions near the bottom of this webpage. Favorably evaluated submissions will receive an invitation o/a 01 Nov 2019.
Phase II: 24-28 February 2020, Responders that have material solutions that meet the Group 1 SR/SE FW characteristics listed above, may be invited to participate in the JIFX 20-2 at Camp Roberts, where the systems will be demonstrated and characterized for further evaluation.
Phase III: Those capabilities that successfully meet or exceed the threshold values desired by USSOCOM during JIFX 20-2, may be further asked to list their systems within the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) catalog, for potential purchase by USSOCOM and/or it’s Component organizations.
How You Can Participate
Industry, Academia and National Labs
- Review the Group 1 SR/SE FW EOTACS Characteristics
- White Paper Template: Click Here to Download
- Submit Your Solution: Closed 16 October
Each entry is judged uniquely and subsequently requires a separate form each submission.
NOTE: Government Stakeholders will begin reviewing all submissions after 16 October. Invitations and consolations for JIFX 20-2 attendance will be sent via email o/a 1 November.
For submission issues, please contact, Kinsey Crim, [email protected]
For questions relating to the Sources Sought, please contact Andy Thompson, [email protected]