*Submissions due Friday, November 4th*
HQ USSOCOM SOF AT&L PROGRAM EXECUTIVE OFFICE-COMMAND, CONTROL, COMPUTERS AND COMMUNICATIONS (PEO-C4) / INDUSTRY COLLABORATION EVENT FOCUSED ON NON-RF COMMUNICATION
1) Event Purpose
PEO-C4 is sponsoring a collaboration event with selected experts from industry to facilitate technical discussions on active and passive non-RF communications.
The discussions will focus on the following areas of interest:
• System scalability on various sized platforms
• Data rates and power levels
• Transmission ranges
• Non-RF equipment solution sets
• Low Probability of Intercept/Low Probability of Detection/Low Probability of Exploitation
• Non-RF communication in a wide variety of environments
• Near and far field capabilities.
2) Time & Place
This collaboration event will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, 7-8 December 2016 from 0800-1700 at SOFWERX, Tampa, FL.
3) Participant Selection
PEO-C4 request each potential participant submit a Quad Chart and a one to two page White Paper (QC/WP) consistent with the areas of interest listed above. The PEO-C4 team will select a maximum of ten submissions for presentation and discussion via scientific and peer reviews.
4) Conduct of the Collaboration Event
One-on-one meetings will be held between PEO-C4 team members and selected individual Industry partners at the UNCLASS level.
Each discussion period will be no more than 30 minutes in length and will accomplish the following:
• Review of associated QC/WP
• Discussion of current and future non-RF communication level of interest and investment from Industry and Government.
• Discussion of industry’s perspective on the benefits and opportunities of implementing future non-RF communication architectures.
• Discussion of current and future non-RF communication challenges (i.e. cost drivers, technical) and planned efforts to overcome these challenges.
Participants have the option to perform equipment demonstrations during their 30 minute time slot.
PEO-C4 may request some participants attend future non-RF communication collaboration events.
Request the name(s) of the presenters/attendees, job positions, and contact information (email and phone) be included in the white paper. The QC/WP should be submitted to [email protected] and [email protected] by Friday, November 4 2016. Include in the subject line “C4 INDUSTRY COLLABORATION EVENT’. Invitations and briefing schedules will be sent to the selected participants NLT Friday, 11 November 2016.
*The request for information (RFI) is for planning purposes only and shall not be considered as an invitation for bid, request for proposal, or as an obligation on the part of the Government to acquire any products or services. Your responses to this RFI shall be treated as information only. No entitlement to payment of direct of indirect costs or charges by the Government will arise as a result of contractor submission of responses to this announcement of the Government use of such information. Interested parties are responsible for adequately marking proprietary or competition sensitive information contained in their response. The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this RFI or to otherwise pay for the information submitted in response to this RFI.
*Due to capacity limitations, participation will be by invitation only. The target audience is the technical leaders from their respective organizations that can assist in exploring the issues relating to implementing NON-RF Communications.