SOF Special Reconnaissance
Rapid Prototyping Event (RPE)
08-12 July 2019
Request to Attend Deadline: CLOSED
SOFWERX, in collaboration with USSOCOM, will host a SOF Special Reconnaissance Rapid Prototyping Event (RPE) from 08-12 July 2019, in Tampa, FL, to develop and produce a “Technology Road Map” to provide a system/subsystem level breakdown of technology partners, their technology maturity, risk and provide insight for deciding next steps (technology investment opportunities).
The purpose of this event is to further explore topics vetted during IF3, and especially topics validated and approved by the NSWC N9 Sponsor, as they relate to Special Reconnaissance in the 2030 mission. Additionally, separate teams will investigate parallel-path efforts or rapid experimentation and characterization for related aspects of the SR mission (manned drone swarm control, cognitive effects of drone control, parallel-path technology in AI, power requirements, etc).
• AI for Autonomous Mobile Robots
• Communications/Power/Processing for Autonomous Mobile Robots
• Cognitive Characterization and Effects of Various Drone Swarm Control Methodologies
• Software Development and System Characterization for Squad/Team Use of UXS Swarms
USSOCOM will select (10) Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), across the focus areas listed above, to participate in this event. Below is the breakdown of SMEs for each Focus Area:
• (2) AI for Autonomous Mobile Robots
• (4) Communications/Power/Processing for Autonomous Mobile Robots
• (3) Cognitive Characterization and Effects of Various Drone Swarm Control Methodologies
• (1) Software Development and System Characterization for Squad/Team Use of UXS Swarms
Stipends & Reimbursements
Selected participants will be afforded up to $1,400 per day to offset travel cost and provide for a modest stipend for their participation.
0800 – 0830: Check-In (Doors Open at 0800)
0830 – 0915: SOFWERX Welcome & Icebreaker
0915 – 0930: USSOCOM Welcome Remarks
0930 – 1000: Limiting Factors Breakout
1000 – 1130: Overcoming Limiting Factors
1130 – 1300: Lunch (On Your Own)
1300 – 1630: Focus Area Breakouts
Agenda is subject to change
09-12 July: A finalized schedule will be provided to attendees NLT 28 June. Interested parties can plan for workdays from 0800 – 1630 each day
How to Participate
Industry, Academia and National Labs
Request to Attend as a Subject Matter Expert: CLOSED
• Submitted CVs will be reviewed by USSOCOM for potential participation and subsequent downselect for attendance.
• Selected SMEs will be notified on or around 12 June.
1925 E 2nd Ave
Tampa, FL 33605 Suite 102
For event related questions, please contact Tania Steele, email@example.com.
For technical questions, please contact Eric Abrahamson, firstname.lastname@example.org or Carl Havens, email@example.com.