Suppressor Tech Transfer Event
29 April 2020
Submission Deadline: 27 March 2020
US Submissions Only & ITAR Restricted
Purpose: On 29 April, SOFWERX in collaboration with USSOCOM and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, will host a Suppressor Tech Transfer Event. The purpose of the event is to identify manufacturers that can accelerate the integration of Government provided technology into commercially available suppressors.
Why Should You Participate? Selected participants will receive at no cost:
- Active support by Lawrence Livermore National Lab (LLNL) to issue Government Purpose Rights of the Multi-Stage Bypass Technology Data Package (TDP),
- Access to LLNL ALE3D4I modeling and simulation software on LLNL computers
- Technical support to accelerate the integration of the technology into commercially available suppressors.
- Multiple transferees will be selected for the opportunity.
Desired Transfer Participant Attributes:
- In depth understanding and use of Weapon Suppressor Technology
- Ability to provide or obtain expertise in multiple weapon types (e.g. handgun, rifle and/or machine gun)
- Current or planned Suppressor Manufacturing Capability that has the potential to meet the future demands of Special Operations Forces
- Ability to provide or obtain advanced modelling and simulation expertise necessary to develop and integrate the Government provided suppressor technology
- US based manufacturers only due to ITAR restrictions
Event Overview: This event will be conducted in multiple phases:
- Phase 1: 06 March – Submissions open. To submit and be considered for Phase 2 attendance, please follow the submission instructions near the bottom of this website. The deadline to submit is 27 March at 11:59 PM EST.
- Phase 2: 27 March-08 April – The USSOCOM Government Stakeholders will subsequently select those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to provide future suppressor solutions that meet their needs. Those favorably selected will receive an invitation on or about 08 April 2020.
- Phase 3: 08-15 April – Invited participants will be required to contact LLNL POC’s to being the licensing process. In parallel, participants will be provided the call in information for Phase 4.
- Phase 4: 22 April – A question and answer telecon will be conducted between SOFWERX, USSOCOM, LLNL and the selected participants.
- Phase 5: 29 April – The Suppressor Tech Transfer Event will be conducted at SOFWERX in Tampa, FL. Transferees will be afforded the opportunity to directly meet and dialogue with USSOCOM and LLNL personnel regarding the transfer, including technical Q&A and anticipated outcomes.
How You Can Participate
Industry, Academia and National Labs
- For additional information, Click Here
- Download the Quad Chart: Click Here to Download
- Complete the Submission Form: Click Here to Submit (NLT 27 March)
NOTE: Government Stakeholders will begin reviewing all submissions after 27 March. Invitations and consolations for attendance will be sent via email on/around 08 April.
1925 E 2nd Avenue, Suite 102
Tampa, FL 33605
For event related questions, please contact Kinsey Crim, [email protected]
For technical related questions, please contact Shawn Martin, [email protected]